Multimedia Communications Technologies (MCT) is a scientific Area of the Centre for Telecommunications and Multimedia of INESC TEC. It performs research in key areas that lay the foundations for modern communications networks and services such as Image and Video Processing, Sound and Music Computing, Digital TV and Multimedia Systems.
A lively and sustainable world where networked intelligence enables ubiquitous interaction with sensory-rich content.
Development of advanced systems and technologies enabling high capacity, efficient, and secure communications, media knowledge extraction, and immersive ubiquitous multimedia applications.
- Carry out applied research capable of competing on a national and international level;
- Help improve the competitiveness of partners by incorporating innovative scientific results;
- Contribute to the scientific and technical training of high-quality human resources;
- Help modernise the scientific and technological education system;
- Promote the creation of new business initiatives by encouraging young researchers to take risks and use their initiative;
- Promote R&D activities that require multidisciplinary competencies;
- Develop and maintain critical mass in the Centre’s key areas of expertise.